Severin Films has bust open the floodgates of Euro-Erotica with two ultra-rare Jess Franco films that have never before been available on disc! The dastardly duo of THE SADIST OF NOTRE DAME (1979) and SINFONIA EROTICA (1979) show the maestro of the zoom lens at his most unhinged. Fans of the prolific sleaze merchant have been chomping on their ball gags for years in anticipation of having their eyeballs whipped by these naughty narratives in sparkling high-definition!
THE SADIST OF NOTRE DAME: In 1979, legendary writer/director Jess Franco (VAMPYROS LESBOS) re-purposed elements of his satanic sex shocker EXORCISM with all-new footage to create a depraved new epic that – even by Uncle Jess standards – achieves new levels of EuroSleaze insanity: Franco himself stars a defrocked priest turned hooker-slashing psychopath, prowling the streets of Paris in a fever of violence, voyeurism, rampant nudity and S&M depravity. Olivier Mathot (TWO FEMALE SPIES WITH FLOWERED PANTIES), Pierre Taylou (HOT NIGHTS OF LINDA), Antonio DeCabo (VIRGIN AMONG THE LIVING DEAD) and Jess’ beloved muse Lina Romay (MACUMBA SEXUAL, MANSION OF THE LIVING DEAD) co-star in what Franco considered to be his most personal film of all, now scanned in 4k from elements discovered in the crawlspace of a Montparnasse nunnery.
SINFONIA EROTICA: At the close of the ‘70s, eminent auteur Jess Franco (SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY) revisited the works of Marquis de Sade to create what EuroSleaze historians have called one of the most sexually daring and boldly creative films of his entire career: When an unstable noblewoman (a fearless performance by Lina Romay) returns to her lavish estate, she will find herself – along with her libertine husband, his male lover, and a young nun with a craving for violation – trapped in a web of unholy hungers and decadent perversions. Susan Hemingway of TWO FEMALE SPIES WITH FLOWERED PANTIES co-stars in this sonata of artsy depravity – featuring a score by Franco & Franz Liszt – now transferred in 4k from an uncut 35mm print donated by The Instituto de la Sexualidad Humana in Madrid.
SADIST OF NOTRE DAME Special Features:
- The Gory Days Of Le Brady – Documentary Short on the Legendary Parisian Horror Cinema
- Stephen Thrower On Sadist Of Notre Dame – Interview With The Author of Murderous Passions – The Delirious Cinema Of Jesus Franco
- Selected Scenes Commentary With I’m In A Jess Franco State Of Mind Webmaster Robert Monell
- Treblemakers: Interview With Alain Petit, Author of Jess Franco Ou Les Prosperites Des Bis
SINFONIA EROTICA Special Features:
- Jess Franco On First Wife Nicole Guettard – Interview With Director Jess Franco
- Stephen Thrower On Sinfonia Erotica – Interview With The Author of Murderous Passions – The Delirious Cinema Of Jesus Franco