In 1995, visionary writer/director Richard Stanley (HARDWARE, DUST DEVIL) got the green light for his dream project: An epic adaptation of H.G. Wells’ ‘The Island Of Doctor Moreau’ starring Marlon Brando and Val Kilmer. But only days into production, an unprecedented storm of natural disasters, monstrous egos and disturbing imagery – along with chaos, insanity and witchcraft – would trigger perhaps the most infamous behind-the-scenes catastrophe in modern movie history. Now director/producer David Gregory (THE THEATRE BIZARRE, PLAGUE TOWN) reveals the untold story behind “one of the all-time greatest cinematic train wrecks” (Variety) in this “wonderfully weird and gripping” (Entertainment Weekly) documentary featuring never-before-seen footage, startling new interviews with actors Fairuza Balk, Marco Hofschneider and Rob Morrow, studio executives, crew members and – for the first time ever – the notoriously reclusive Stanley himself, plus nearly 2 hours of exclusive Bonus Features.
- Out-takes: Interviews with Richard Stanley, Marco Hofschneider, Graham Humphreys, and others
- Graham Humphreys Concept Gallery With Commentary By Richard Stanley
- Archive Moreau Interview With John Frankenheimer
- Barbara Steele Recalls Moreau Audio Interview
- The Beast Of Morbido Featurette
- Return To The Moreau Locations Featurette
- Boar Man Diary